Monday, March 16, 2009

Status


So far, the engine is waiting to be fitted with an external map system.

Our plans are to use Tiled, a generic tile map editor. Pretty convenient, but we need to get it's map format loading into MMF2. That was easy enough, except for the objects. Right now we have an idea what to do, so hopefully that won't take much longer.

Also, Tiled's handling of objects sucks. We're going to make another application to place objects in tiled's maps, but making sure that the objects are saved into the map itself.

Shad wants to keep the whole thing simple enough so that this could be used in other games. I suppose that would be nice, but I've never thought about open sourcing it myself.

1 comment:

  1. How does that works exactly, I mean using that in MMF2, is it with an extension you'll be making or something? Sorry if it's a retarded question I just started learning what MMF2 is all about yesterday lol

    I bet the answer is "programming" or something, im dumb

    ReplyDelete